Friday, September 13, 2013

New HIM Program Director - Introduction and Welcome!

Dear HIM Students:
I am very excited to say hello and introduce myself!
I am your new HIM Program Director here at Charter Oak State College and I am looking forward to working with all of you. I have been in the HIM profession since 1988 and it has been very good to me! I have enjoyed a variety of positions but most of all I have loved my past 17 years teaching students at a number of colleges at both the associate and baccalaureate level of HIM education. I have been teaching online since 2003 and I have also designed many online courses, managed and mentored online faculty, and managed online programs. I love the flexibility that online learning allows you – I was an online student myself when I decided to get my master’s degree.
I think you will find that this is a career path that offers many options and you can take it in many different directions based on your strengths and interests. Careers in health information management are diverse and exciting, especially today as we move into new roles, focus on information technology, and find positions in a big variety of healthcare facilities as well as government agencies, software companies, colleges, and more. I am certain you can find the perfect niche for yourself.
It is only my sixth day here, and already I am loving my job! I have a lot to learn, and a lot to do, as I continue the great work others have started on this excellent program, but I am very excited about the tasks ahead of me. One of my first objectives will be to lead the Charter Oak program through the AHIMA accreditation process. I look forward to getting to know you and traveling on this path along with you. Frank Valier will continue to work with you as well, and he is looking forward to teaching more courses. Together we will be here to guide and support you as you work toward the awesome goal of graduation.
Please do not hesitate to email or call me with any questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!
Cindy Glewwe, M.Ed., RHIA
Director, Health Information Management Program
Charter Oak State College
55 Paul J. Manafort Drive
New Britain, CT 06053
(Ph.) 860-515-3833
cglewwe@charteroak.edu

No comments :

Post a Comment