Wednesday, March 5, 2014

HIM Weekly Wednesday - Advance for Health Information Professionals / Job Searches

Hello HIM Students and Happy Wednesday! I hope Term 1 went well and as you gear up for Term 2 I think we will be seeing spring very soon!
Today I would like to share with you another excellent resource. There is a publication that I have been reading for as long as I can remember (probably 20 years) that has really good articles and other resources. I learn a lot from the publications that cross my desk. This one is called Advance for Health Information Professionals. I was reading some information on their site and noticed that they have a special section for students and recent graduates and I knew right away what I would share with you today!
Take a look and save this link in your favorites. It has great information about the job search, networking, resume writing, and more. While you are there, be sure to also click on the Salary tab on the top of the page to look at Part I of a 3 part study on HIM professionals salaries. Also notice a box with some job postings. It is a good idea to start looking at job postings to get an idea of what types of job titles and job descriptions you will be qualified for once you graduate. You can also do an expanded search using a dropdown box to specify the type of job you are interested in. It is never too early to start looking!
Have a great day!
Cindy Glewwe, M.Ed., RHIA
Director, Health Information Management Program
Charter Oak State College
55 Paul J. Manafort Drive
New Britain, CT 06053
(Ph.) 860-515-3833
cglewwe@charteroak.edu

No comments :

Post a Comment