Wednesday, June 11, 2014

HIM WEEKLY WEDNESDAY - AHIMA STATE AFFILIATIONS / CAHIIM ACCREDITATION UPDATE


Hello HIM Students!  I haven’t been “weekly” with my Weekly Wednesday lately.   Some Wednesday’s come around and I just can’t think of anything great and important to share – so I decide not to send anything just for the sake of sending it.  I know we all have enough email to wade through.

There are a few things I do want to share this week:

1.        Be sure you are registered for Summer Term 2 – it starts on Monday!  I hope to see some of you in my class – HCA/HIM 115 Fundamentals of HIM

2.       Check out your state AHIMA affiliation for any upcoming conferences.  Many are in the summer or early fall.  Since many of you are from CT, be sure to take a look at the CTHIMA website for details on their annual conference that is in Mystic this year on August 24th and 25th.  Students always get a nice discount and I will be there and would love to meet you in person. 

3.       We have submitted our Self-Assessment to CAHIIM so now we are waiting to hear when our accreditation visit will be.  I  was told that January might be a reasonable expectation.  We are all looking forward to it!

I know Frank has been enjoying working with you through the new advising system.  Be sure to always let me or Frank know if you have any questions about the program – we are always here to help.

 I hope you are all having a great summer! 


Cindy Glewwe, M.Ed., RHIA  

Director, Health Information Management Program

Charter Oak State College

55 Paul J. Manafort Drive

New Britain, CT 06053

(Ph.) 860-515-3833

 

No comments :

Post a Comment