Wednesday, October 23, 2013

HIM Weekly Wednesday - CAHIIM Accreditation / Textbooks

Hello HIM Students! Today I will be starting my Weekly Wednesday email to you all. It will be a way to keep in touch, give you information about the program, share helpful tips, and remind you that I am here to assist you!
News of the Week: We have submitted our Application for Candidacy to CAHIIM as our first step toward CAHIIM accreditation. This is exciting and I will let you know when I hear back from CAHIIM about our status.
Helpful Tip: This is important! I know it is tempting to sell all of those used textbooks back, but please keep in mind that you will want and NEED the core HIM textbooks for HIM 499 Capstone and for studying and preparing to take the RHIA exam after graduation. It is also a very good idea to start your “professional library” with those textbooks. You should keep all textbooks for courses starting with a HCA or HIM. Keep them on a shelf for later. You will be surprised how many times you will pull them off the shelf for other courses. I remember when I graduated and got my first job I hauled my box full of textbooks to work the first week and had fun setting up book shelf in my office. Being a brand new HIM professional, I was so glad to have those books to refer back to!
Please let me know if you have any questions! Remember, Frank Valier is always happy to assist you with any course issues or scheduling.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY!
Cindy Glewwe, M.Ed., RHIA
Director, Health Information Management Program
Charter Oak State College
55 Paul J. Manafort Drive
New Britain, CT 06053
(Ph.) 860-515-3833
cglewwe@charteroak.edu

No comments :

Post a Comment