Wednesday, September 10, 2014

HIM Weekly Wednesday - HIM Survey


Hello HIM Students!  This is a very important topic as I am beginning to plan and prepare for each of your professional practice experiences (or PPE) that is part of the HIM 498 Health Information Management Practicum course.  One of the requirements of HIM 498 is 40 hours of hands-on experience spent at a real healthcare facility.  As you can imagine, this takes a lot of planning and organization for all of us involved and it is never too early to start preparing.  I have prepared a survey that will help me get started.  Please take this as soon as possible.  I do need a response from every one of you so if I don’t get your survey you will get reminders until I do! 

Please take the survey now – it should only take you 5-10 minutes!

Here is the link:


I have sent this email to both your COSC email account and the personal email account we have on file to be sure you receive it!  The email also included an attachment of the Practicum Manual for your review. You will see this again about 3 months before you begin HIM 498 but I want to share it with you now so you will understand the process and can think about locations and possibilities.
 
Until next time,
 
Cindy Glewwe Edgerton, MEd, RHIA
Program Director, Health Information Management

No comments :

Post a Comment