Thursday, December 4, 2014

HIM Department News - AHIMA Advantage

Hi everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving break and I am sure you are all ready for the nice long holiday and term break coming up soon!

Have you registered for your January classes?  I hope so!  If not, be sure to contact your advisor right away or go ahead and register if you have already met with your advisor.  Plan early and get your textbooks so you are ready to get 2015 off to a great start.

Today I would like to share the AHIMA Advantage electronic newsletter with you.  There are all sorts of great articles and information.  Please take a little time to look over all the hot topics and stay tuned in to what is happening in the HIM profession.  Here is the link:

http://www.ahimaadvantage-digital.com/ahimaadvantage/december_2014#pg2

Please send me an email if there is anything you want to discuss or if you have a question about anything. 

CAHIIM Update:  Our self-assessment has been approved and accepted.  We are not in the queue for assignment of a review panel and to receive a date for our accreditation visit.  We are almost there!!  I will let you all know as soon as I know the dates.

Thanks for making my job so wonderful!

Cindy Glewwe Edgerton, M.Ed, RHIA
Director, Health Information Management Program 

Charter Oak State College
55 Paul J. Manafort Drive
New Britain, CT 06053
(860) 515-3833
cedgerton@charteroak.edu

www.charteroak.edu

No comments :

Post a Comment